Tuesday, September 22, 2009

MAKING SEA SALT


If you live near a body of salt water you should consider making your own sea salt. I have started making sea salt this summer. It is quite an easy process. All you need to do is gather some salt water and then let the sun evaporate the water which leaves sea salt crystals. Sea salt is better than regular table salt as it has more minerals.
One thing I also do is heat up the salt water if I am already baking something in the oven such as potatoes. I don't use any electric energy except when I am already cooking something else. I also put a pot full of salt water if I am using my gas grill to cook steaks or hamburgers. I also put a pot of sea salt on the stove after I have cooked something like popcorn or spaghetti and have already turned off the electric power from the stove as this way the residual heat helps evaporate the water.
ea salt has a more intense flavor than regular salt. So, if you are going swimming some time in the ocean; bring some salt water home with you. There is approximately three percent salt in salt water and the results are not immediate but you may find this a fun thing to do to make your own salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment